I'm creating a series of factions inspired by the class options in the D&D 5E supplement Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Today, we're looking at the druid; specifically the Circle of the Shepherd.
Nobody's quite sure how many people belong to the Circle of Hands. They often travel alone; sometimes in twos and threes. They can be easily recognized by the fact that they all wear two pieces of jewelry dress: a necklace made of small brown bones and a belt of seashells.
They rarely spend much time in civilization; just long enough to purchase rare supplies or talk to a landowner. Their business lies in the wilderness.
Members of the Circle of Hands live in the wilderness, assisting animals that need trouble. Some live as shepherds; others tend to small menageries of animals that are recuperating from various injuries and illnesses.
The Circle is dedicated to reducing the suffering of animals, particularly defenseless ones. They would not interfere with a hawk preying on a mouse, but they would foster a hawk or mouse injured in that act back to full health. They see this as part of nature's way just as much as a mother nurtures her young.
As a friendly faction, the Circle of Hands is a purely benevolent association of rather hippy druids with a good reputation among the common folk as kind healers. A farmer with a sick animal often seeks out a nearby member of the Circle, who has needs that adventurers can satisfy, such as rare healing herbs or the capture of a crazed predator.
As a foe faction, the Circle of Hands often clashes with civilized folk, arguing with villagers against expanding their farmlands and driving herds of domesticated beasts away from the most fertile grazing land. They'll also attempt to stop those who try to tame wild horses and similar creatures. Some are so protective they drive out any humanoid who enters their territory with frightening spells and the aid of creatures from the forest.
Some even whisper of an Inner Circle that wishes to demolish civilization and drive people back to a primitive state of being. But that couldn't be true, could it?
What Is This?
This site is dedicated to intellectual reviews and analysis of geek topics, including anime, video games, and tabletop RPGs. I also make things, from crafts to Gunpla to 3D printing.
What's Covered?3D Printing
Popular Tagsanime news review Role-playing gundam monsters drawing video games workshop Faction Monsters faction Let's Play an Interesting RPG Uncategorized boogiepop Random Idea 50 Games in 50 Weeks Pyre Game Design Hour Shattered World Tarakona basics GM Advice Prescriptions gunpla worldbuilding serial experiments lain gm advice
- What to do when talent doesn't like your story - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- The South Korean family masterpiece LEAFIE - Anime Review
- Tabletop role-playing's effects on storytelling - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Story problems in The Last Jedi - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Rogue One, Clone Wars, and Rebels - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- The quiet, heartwarming Laid-Back Camp - Anime Review
- Queer coding in stories - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Hayao Miyazaki subverts tropes - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- How childhood stories affect you later - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Favorite mythology and Middle Earth - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Cosplaying the same character - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Cosplay and the re-enactment of myth - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Alucard and mythology - Crispin Freeman talks story at Anime USA 2018
- Acting 101 with Monica Rial - Anime USA 2018
- Ten Best "American Anime" Series by Robert Aldrich - Anime USA 2018
- Anime, voice acting, and mythology - Crispin Freeman, Anime USA 2018
- Your voice is enough - Crispin Freeman's advice to his younger self - Anime USA 2018
- A review of Isekai Izakaya, an anime about pub culture
- Crispin Freeman's Winston and the relentless pursuit of excellence - Anime USA 2018
- The character Crispin Freeman identifies with most - Anime USA 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- The bizarre anthology film NEO TOKYO - Anime Review
- Why I love DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS
- News: MR. OSOMATSU, FAFNER, YONA YONA PENGUIN, and more!
- Why I love the original KING KONG
- A slice-of-cafe series? Review of YOTSUIRO BIYORI
- News: New EL HAZARD? SAO Movie in US Theaters! More!
- Why I love the PRYDAIN CHRONICLES
- What impact will 3D printing have on model kits? - The Great Debate
- The incrediby ecchi 1+2=PARADISE - Anime Review
- News: New KYOANI Series! BUNGO STRAY DOGS S3!
- Why are there so few horror anime? - The Great Debate
- Why I love SCOTT PILGRIM (the comic)
- This is pure slice-of-life: QUIET COUNTRY CAFÉ / YOKOHAMA KAIDASHI KIKOU
- News: More STRIKE WITCHES! COWBOY BEBOP and DRAGONBALL in Theaters!
- Why I love the manga of Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
- The obscure, thoughtful SF OVA SPACE FANTASIA 2001 NIGHTS - Anime Review
- News: VIOLET EVERGARDEN Movie! PIANO FOREST S2! CAPTAIN TSUBASA on US TV!
- How to Redeem the SyFy Channel - The Great Debate
- Dubs are made for stupid people - Dramatic Reading
- Why I love Mystery Science Theater 3000
- The pervy fantasy of MAZE (OVA) - Anime Review
- News: GOLDEN KAMUY S2! New Tite Kubo Manga!
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Book Review
- Otaku no Cooking: Rice burgers
- How do we encourage fans to financially support the anime industry? - The Great Debate
- What fanservice should learn from Tenchi Muyo!
- The perverse yet fascinating WICKED CITY - Anime Review
- News: New Anime; Season 2 for GURAZENI, REAL GIRL, MOROSE MONOKEAN, more!
- Live stream announcement
- What Tenchi Muyo! series should you start with?
- DVD is not worth the hype - Dramatic Reading
- The Complimentary: Yotsuba&!
- The Anime Western GUN FRONTIER - Anime Review
- What Western properties would make great anime? - The Great Debate
- Botched Miyazaki dubs - Dramatic Reading
- Tenchi Muyo! - Why you should care
- An anime Western? Review of EARLY REINS
- News: SIX New Anime Announced!
- Celebrities endorsing anime - The Great Debate
- Butt ugly character design - Dramatic Reading
- Making Japanese potato salad balls - Otaku no Cooking
- The finality of CHAR'S COUNTERATTACK - Anime Review
- News: New anime! BEAN BANDIT Kickstarter! LAND OF THE LUSTROUS Streaming! GHIBLI Documentary!
- Bacon-wrapped veggies? Yes! Making NIKUMAKI on Otaku no Cooking
- Anime Expo: Is it worth it? - Dramatic Reading
- What's so impressive about STARSHIP TROOPERS (the novel) - Complimentary
- The upbeat slice-of-life THE STELLAR SIX OF GINGACHO - Manga Review
- News: MESHI NUMA Anime! BANG DREAM Seasons 2 and 3! New YAMATO TV!
- Kenner's Alternate Star Wars Timeline - Complimentary
- Bootleg CDs are moral to buy - Dramatic Reading
- Making Naruto Rolls - Otaku no Cooking
- The live-action epic TO THE ENDS OF TIME - Movie Review
- News: 2 New Anime Films! More FREE! More Writers for LUPIN PART 5!
- Leave anime anime and live action out of it - Dramatic Reading
- Will we get another Hayao Miyazaki? - Great Debate
- The sweetly controversial manga BUNNY DROP - Manga Review
- News: New SHIROBAKO! More DIGIMON! More YU YU HAKUSHO details!
- The Positive Aspects of Anime Fandom - Great Debate
- Elitists Just Love Bashing Hentai - Dramatic Reading
- The psychological thriller THE GARDEN OF SINNERS / Kara no Kyoukai (movie 1) - Anime Review
- News: GHIBLI PARK Details, BEAN BANDIT Anime, GUNSMITH CATS Blu-Ray, and more!
- Spring 2018 Anime Preview Guide
- News: New Studio DEEN Anime, MIRAI OF THE FUTURE Premiere, and more!
- Anime Genres Poised for Comeback - The Great Debate
- Do not buy anime on DVD - Dramatic Reading
- Isao Takahata's Passing and Legacy - The Backstory
- Vampire Princess Miyu (OVA) - Anime Review
- News: Takahata passes, Japanese govt. asks ISPs to block pirate manga sites, and more
- When Real Life Meets Anime - The Great Debate
- Once You Hear the Difference.... - Dramatic Reading
- News: Final GUNDAM THE ORIGIN (maybe), MAERCHEN MAEDCHEN final eps in question, and more
- December 2018