The game just directly tells you to play out the central conceit, of two characters switching bodies. There are no mechanics in the game, just things you’re supposed to do at different times. (That’s okay; RPGs can do that.) You play the game over the course of four body swaps.
Interestingly, in the first three swaps, each player simply describes the other character’s life. Players cannot interact with the characters in the other person’s life; just ask and answer questions. This part of the game would feel stronger with some kind of time limit, I feel, like 5 minutes per player per swap.
During the fourth body swap, you play a particular piece of music, and this time you must look directly in each other’s eyes, and you may physically touch each other. During this phase, you must tell each other something “both true and beautiful” about the other person’s life.
I love this, because as the players ask and answer questions throughout the game, they’ll be looking for something true and beautiful about the other player’s life. That’s the core beauty of this game: The players must pay attention to each others’ lives.
What Is This?
This site is dedicated to intellectual reviews and analysis of anime, with detours into video games and tabletop RPGs. I also make things, from crafts to Gunpla to 3D printing.
What's Here?3D Printing
Popular Tagsanime news review Role-playing gundam workshop monsters drawing video games Faction faction Monsters Let's Play an Interesting RPG Uncategorized boogiepop Random Idea 50 Games in 50 Weeks Pyre Game Design Hour worldbuilding Shattered World Prescriptions GM Advice Tarakona basics gm advice gunpla serial experiments lain
- December 2020
- Digging Deeper into: Megazone 23
- Brent's Anime Rec: Moshidora
- Brent's Anime Rec: Princess Tutu
- Digging Deeper Into: Urusei Yatsura 2
- Is Mecha Dead?
- I Just Love: Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem
- Digging Deeper Into: Arcadia of my Youth
- 6 Influential But Forgotten Mecha Shows
- Brent's Anime Rec: The Cat Returns
- Digging Deeper Into: Vampire Hunter D
- 5 Classic Harem Anime That Are Actually Interesting
- Digging Deeper Into: Project A-Ko
- Digging Deeper Into: Castle of Cagliostro
- Digging Deeper Into: Blood The Last Vampire
- Fall Anime Preview 2020
- Brent’s Anime Rec: Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
- Digging Deeper: Horus, Prince of the Sun (1968)
- A Brief History of Anime: The 2010s
- A Brief History of Anime: The 2000s
- Digging Deeper: Hakujaden
- Digging Deeper Into Akira
- Digging Deeper Into: Okko's Inn
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1990s
- Digging Deeper: Momotaro's Sacred Sailors
- Brent's Anime Rec: Kodocha
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1980s
- Digging Deeper into Angel's Egg
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1970s
- Digging Deeper into Metropolis
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1960s
- A Brief History of Anime: 1900-1959
- Digging Deeper into Pom Poko
- Brent's Anime Rec: K-ON!
- The heartwrenching contrasts of war in "In This Corner of the World"
- Digging Deeper into A Silent Voice - SPOILERS
- How Heavy Are Those Dumbbells You Lift?
- Brent's Anime Recs: Robot Carnival
- Abstract Realism in "Night is Short, Walk on Girl"
- The Anime Aesthetic in Land of Lustrous
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020