Light filters down from a hole in the ceiling to illuminate a massive cavern. The hundreds of purple crystals studding the cave's floors and walls glint and sparkle in the dim light.
These magical gems intensify the power of spells cast in this area. As a result, the various factions that live in this underground world frequently fight for control of the Crystal Cavern.
A small fortress stands in the center of the cavern. It was stone shaped out of the cavern itself many years ago, and consists of a two towers connected by an 8-foot-tall square wall, itself surrounded by a 4-foot wall, large enough to fit several dozen people if all they want to do is defend it. Half a dozen semi-permanent structures crowd around it to serve as kitchen and storage.
Enemies within the cavern are not the only threat. In times past, multiple enemy forces dug trenches underneath the fortress. Some of these have collapsed; in some cases the fortress's defenders closed them off and used them as storage. It's said that several dangerous artifacts remain lost in these tunnels.
There are enemies above, too. A tribe of vulture-folk occasionally climb out of holes in the ceiling and swoop down on unsuspecting victims. (Use stats for aarakocra.)
- The PCs need an artifact that lies underneath the fortress.
- The PCs have to get supplies to an embattled faction within the fortress.
- The PCs are part of a war band sent to overtake the fortress
What Is This?
This site is dedicated to intellectual reviews and analysis of geek topics, including anime, video games, and tabletop RPGs. I also make things, from crafts to Gunpla to 3D printing.
What's Here?3D Printing
Popular Tagsanime news review Role-playing gundam workshop monsters drawing video games Faction faction Monsters Let's Play an Interesting RPG Uncategorized boogiepop Random Idea 50 Games in 50 Weeks Pyre Game Design Hour worldbuilding Shattered World Prescriptions GM Advice Tarakona basics gm advice gunpla serial experiments lain
- December 2020
- Digging Deeper into: Megazone 23
- Brent's Anime Rec: Moshidora
- Brent's Anime Rec: Princess Tutu
- Digging Deeper Into: Urusei Yatsura 2
- Is Mecha Dead?
- I Just Love: Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem
- Digging Deeper Into: Arcadia of my Youth
- 6 Influential But Forgotten Mecha Shows
- Brent's Anime Rec: The Cat Returns
- Digging Deeper Into: Vampire Hunter D
- 5 Classic Harem Anime That Are Actually Interesting
- Digging Deeper Into: Project A-Ko
- Digging Deeper Into: Castle of Cagliostro
- Digging Deeper Into: Blood The Last Vampire
- Fall Anime Preview 2020
- Brent’s Anime Rec: Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
- Digging Deeper: Horus, Prince of the Sun (1968)
- A Brief History of Anime: The 2010s
- A Brief History of Anime: The 2000s
- Digging Deeper: Hakujaden
- Digging Deeper Into Akira
- Digging Deeper Into: Okko's Inn
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1990s
- Digging Deeper: Momotaro's Sacred Sailors
- Brent's Anime Rec: Kodocha
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1980s
- Digging Deeper into Angel's Egg
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1970s
- Digging Deeper into Metropolis
- A Brief History of Anime: The 1960s
- A Brief History of Anime: 1900-1959
- Digging Deeper into Pom Poko
- Brent's Anime Rec: K-ON!
- The heartwrenching contrasts of war in "In This Corner of the World"
- Digging Deeper into A Silent Voice - SPOILERS
- How Heavy Are Those Dumbbells You Lift?
- Brent's Anime Recs: Robot Carnival
- Abstract Realism in "Night is Short, Walk on Girl"
- The Anime Aesthetic in Land of Lustrous
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020